This is NTU's Sociological Society here!
Welcome to our site! :D
Sunday, 5 October 2008
First of all, thank you to all who have attended the lecture titled "What is this thing called love?"
Following up on the lecture, here is the Passionate Love Scale Test
Consider the following and give yourself a score of 1 to 9.
(1 point for completely false and 9 points for completely true.
Add up your total score and check it against the scale found below, to find out how deep is your love.)
1. I would feel deep despair if partner left me
2. Sometimes I feel I can't control my obsessive thoughts on my partner
3. I am happy when I am doing something to make partner happy
4. I would rather be with my partner than any one else
5. I yearn to know all about my partner
6. I'd get jealous if I thought my partner were falling in love with some one else
7. I want my partner physically, emotionally, and mentally
8. I have endless appetite for affection from my partner
9. For me, my partner is the perfect romantic partner
10. I sense my body responding to my partner's touch
11. I want my partner to know me - my thoughts, my fears, my hopes
12. I eagerly look for signs indicating my partner's desire for me
13. I possess a powerful attraction for my partner
14. I get extremely depressed when things don't go right in my relationship with my partner
106 - 135 extremely passionate
86 - 105 passionate
66 - 85 average
45 - 65 cool
14 - 44 fire is out
This quiz is based upon the short version of the Passionate Love Scale by Elaine Hatfield and Susan Sprecher.
Hatfield, E., & Sprecher, S. (1986). Measuring passionate love in intimate relationships. Journal of Adolescence, 9, 383-410.
Leave a Message ♥
About US! ♥
NTU Sociological Society!
We're made up of Soci majors and others who love Sociology as much as we do!
We constantly welcome new members!
Find us on FB!
3rd Main Comm
President: Gillian Seetoh
Co-President: Gabriel Lee
Hon Gen Secretry: Toh Jia En
Treasurer: Elaine Yip
Liaison Officer: Tan chen Jim
Welfare Officer: Sharon Khoo Mei Juan
Publicity Officer: Elaine Wee
Asst Publicity Officer: Teo ChangHao